Sunday, April 04, 2010

Finding a Peaceful Valley in "Old Mexico"

With most of the modern conveniences of the 21st Century lies an unspoiled tranquil valley in Old Mexico. For those of you who check out my blog or have been reading various postings over the years, you might describe me as a "Dreamer" or a man that is search of a better life. Don't get me wrong, I have lived quite a charmed life, full of exotic travel, dangerous adventures and occasional international intrigue. But you won't be far from the bull's eye to say that I have been searching.
Perhaps what I have been searching for has been a more humane pace of life. A place where the sun shines most often and the people have priorities that are more inline with those of my own. God, Family, Relationships, Creativity, and way down the list are things like careers and money and all the things that one can buy at the mall with all that money. I subscribe to a belief that by working at what you love, there will always be a sufficient income to serve as a means to an end. It is just of paramount importance not to get caught up with confusing the things that will ultimately be called our end. Is it better to make millions or billions of dollars or to live each day and week as though it was your last?
There are places where time has not changed everything. The only time I have found this case to be true in the good ole US of A is by journeying to places that are represented by those very small dots on the map or by traveling its coasts or inland waterways. There are some great unspoiled spots left out there, and I get the feeling from most of the people who live in such places are just happy to keep them from being "discovered".
I can write of a few place that have captivated me by mind, body and soul, but it will suffice to say that they will not have the same effect on everyone. But if you long for a simpler way of life, a glimpse into the past or just a great and deserved break from your routine work-a-day world, then this blog may be an insider's map to some of the best hidden gems on God's Earth. Or at least the parts that I have been blessed to stumble across.

About Us

My photo
"Attitude is Everything" "God let me WANT what I already HAVE.." "Always look for the miracles in life that surround us"